Response to Positive Case of Covid-19 or Covid-19 Like Illness at School
Plan for the individual who develops COVID-like illness at school
- Any person that exhibits ANY of the following symptoms (cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, new loss of taste or smell, fever of 100.0 or higher, chills or shaking chills, muscle aches, sore throat, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea, fatigue, headache, congestion, or runny nose) will be brought to a health room that is monitored by a staff member.
- This student will be sent home to seek medical attention. Parents (or authorized person for pick up) must pick up the student within 45 minutes of initial call.
- Mark Ubbens, CRNP will be notified of the symptomatic person.
- Exposed surfaces will be sanitized with approved cleaning agents.
- School operations will continue.
- The child or staff member with symptoms will be excluded from school until they have been 24 hours without fever (without using anti-pyretic), symptom improvement, and a negative COVID test or documentation of an alternative diagnosis by a healthcare provider.
Response to Positive Case of COVID-19
- Matthew Murphy should be notified of the child or staff member who has a positive COVID test.
- Matt will contact the Montgomery County Health Department COVID-19 call center at 240-777-1755 option 1 to notify them of the confirmed case.
- Mark Ubbens, CRNP will be notified of the confirmed case.
- Matt will identify close contacts and create a spreadsheet with name, date of birth, parent name, and parent phone number to be given to Montgomery County contact tracers.
- A COVID Exposure notification letter will be sent to all parents of the exposed group with guidance drawn from the most recent MSDE COVID Decision Aid.
- Parents will be advised to follow any additional direction from the County Health department.