Careers at The Diener School
Middle School Special Education Teaching Partner
The mission of the Diener School is to teach through experience, stimulate academically, prepare socially and create a successful educational journey that motivates minds and inspires capabilities for a lifetime.
We are currently seeking a Middle School Special Education Teaching Partner for the 2020-2021 school year.
Our students have a wide range of abilities. Many of them have several challenges that impact learning including:
- Learning Disabilities
- ADD or ADHD
- Language Delays (expressive, receptive and processing)
- Sensory Processing Disorders
- Executive Functioning Challenges
- Social Pragmatics and Social Communication Disorders
Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree in Special Education or Education.
Job responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with teaching partner in the areas of classroom design, classroom management
- Responsible for multi-sensory lesson planning and implementation, report writing, and data gathering
- Communication and collaboration with administration, staff, therapists, and families
- Demonstrate professional flexibility, a growth mindset, optimism, and a sense of humor
- Demonstrate initiative, confidence, and joy in aspects of work and in front of teaching partner, other colleagues, parents, and students
- Demonstrate an ability and willingness to collaborate with a teaching partner
- Implementing behavioral programs and sensory diets
- Frequently discuss and reflect on teaching partnership as it relates to professional work and professional growth
- Demonstrate a commitment to teamwork
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with teaching partner on all aspects of the position, including student progress and information
Salary based on experience.
Job Type: Full-time